hey there,
to my friend Bill, what a great conversation again. Always enlightening and entertaining.
My friend Bill and I covered religion, business and politics. Okay, so bottom line it's all pretty much politics. Life is filled with politics but the message of Christ is that politics is not Life. God says be innocent as a dove and wise as a serpent. Let's just not walk through life with our heads stuck in the sand.
In this lifetime there will never be lasting peace and think not that life is fair. IT IS NOT!
But politics isn't all bad. It can play a role in keeping the peace.(To the degree that it is possible here) Christ says, render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's.(paraphrase) Christ recognizes politics as a legitimate part of our existence. We just manage to corrupt everything we get our hands on.
I hate politics as much as the next guy, but it's probably the corruptive factor that turns our stomachs. It seems we are always choosing between the lesser of two evils.
I hate when that happens.
God is Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment