The next time you label a loved one selfish and self-centered try to look at it this way.
Fear is at the center of it. The fear that there isn't enough of anything to go around. The fear that someone is going to hurt you. The fear of punishment. The fear of no punishment (mainly for the other guy). The fear that no one loves you. The fear that you are just unlovable. The fear that YOU don't even love you. The fear of humiliation. The fear of degradation. The fear of dependence. The fear of independence. The fear of codependence. The fear of nothingness. The fear that God's not real. The fear that YOU'RE not real. The fear that Love does not really exist.
Welcome to humanity! Enter Messiah! Welcome to Eternity.
The Good Book says "Perfect love casts out all fear"
God is Good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great topic Mums, I couple years ago I studied fear a little more and how it affects my life. It certainly is all around us and people are usually confronted by it daily. It became really apparent for me when I started to fly more and speak in front of other people (#1 fear BTW). I became very aware of how it was shaping my behavior in a negative way. Instead of giving into fear and letting it dictate your actions and lifestyle, I found that seeking to understand why (with the lords help) I feel that way, helped me to overcome fear. This is of course not meant to advocate or encourage reckless behavior, but to understand what your mind and body are trying to communicate. Clearly humans have that emotion for protection, however, sometimes its necessary for us to overcome fear in order to protect others or to live a more fulfilling life.
ReplyDeleteWhen the scriptures speak to this by stating love casts out fear, it is so true.