Well, as a general rule, i try to keep my comments leaning to the cheerful side.
Today is a difficult day for me. My awareness of the presence of evil in this world becomes so sharp and clear at times. It weighs heavily on this puny little heart of mine. I do not say that i feel hopelessly defeated or any such thing. I do become discouraged though, and sometimes brokenhearted knowing that the terrible abuses that occur all around us, go mostly unnoticed and unchecked. Of course my sensitivity to such things was birthed in my own childhood. My past resolved and memories have faded but it has left in its stead, a keen awareness.
I have a pretty wonderful life. My husband and I have been married for 22 years and very happily so. My children and grandchildren are happy and well. We are all in pretty good health. Life is good!!!
So what's the problem? Am I my brother's keeper? Am i able to help in anyway stop the insanity that i know many families endure. These abuses are not exclusive to the "unchurched". (Offensive stereotype, in my view. Why do we do that? We have labels for everyone) Stop already!
"The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His names sake.
And yea, though i walk through the valley of
the shadow of death, i will fear no evil
for You are with me;...."
God is Good !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment