Hello.
well, today i have a more serious topic to discuss. I have several friends and family members who are going through a difficult time.
My sister for one is dealing with a brain tumor that has returned after five years.
A couple of weeks ago, she suffered a seizure, which is not uncommon after having the craniatomy that she had a few years back. Well, they discovered that the tumor they had removed before, (about the size of a lemon) has started growing back. It is much smaller than before but needs attention. She's definitely afraid and a little depressed along with her daughters, who feel so helpless.
Well, the good news is that a relatively new procedure is being considered, called cyberknife. Much less intrusive. So we are grateful, but nevertheless, her daughters are kind of depressed. You think? Facing reality isn't always easy but none of us have to face it alone. Thank you God for family and friends.
Today, a friend of mine called because she was feeling down. Over the years, there have been many times that achieving my goals have resulted in disappointment. Like, "Is that all there is? I think most of us who have lived past five years old (just kidding, i was at least six. Ha)have faced this kind of disappointment.
It reminds me of Ecclesiastes. The wisdom that comes with age puts life in perspective. In Ecc. 2:11, Solomon writes: "Yet when i surveyed all that my hands had done and what i had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun." Solomon is depressed. (I can relate) In Ecc. 12:1 he writes "Remember your Creator in your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, 'I find no pleasure in them'
But it all ends on a high note. In conclusion, Solomon realizes that life is meaningless without God. Thankfully, He has made Himself available through the Cross of Christ.
I must say that i find a lot of comfort in these times knowing that God is not asleep at the wheel. I lean on Him and those who love me, and I experience His Grace, and i am not afraid.
God is Good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some things we just can't make better. That's why the last paragraph of this post is so profound.
ReplyDelete